Problems with gripping my P7M8...Solutions?

Jonpod

I have a refurbed P7M8 and it is really a great pistol that shoots and conceals very nicely. Here is my problem; because of the smooth areas on the back-strap while shooting, the pistol has a tendancy to twist in my hands effectively changing my grip. I can stop this by taking an extra firm grip but this is not a natural grip for me and requires extra concentration. Has anyone else experienced this phenomenon and if so what measures were taken to counter this effect?

I have not experienced this with my P7, however if you just cannot get a good grip maybe you can have a gunsmith stipple (more deeply) or checker the backstrap. Or try sticking skateboard tape on the backstrap first and see if it helps at all.

i've never had it happen either. don't put the tape or have the stippling placed too high...it will eat the webbing of your hand. the grip should have the fingers on the frontstrap/cocking lever back pulling the backstrap into the palm of your shooting hand. you might also try massad ayoob's wedge grip, middle fingers overlapping w/ support hand index finger "wedged" between bottom of trigger guard and middle fingers.

Back