Problems with a 2nd Model Dragoon

7thKyInfy

Inactive
I've got a repro Dragoon that's really got me scratching my head. I think it's an Armi San Marco...picked it up at a gun show a few years ago, never really had the opportunity, living in the city, to get it out and shoot it. Well now I'm back where I belong, out in the boonies :) , and I want to shoot it some. And of course, now is when I notice the problem with it. All the chambers line up perfectly with the breech, but one of them, when the trigger is pulled and the hammer falls, gives a little 'twitch', moving to a position of just past true, out of line with the breech. I'd thought about just loading five chambers and just using the one that's giving trouble as my safety, but if one of the other five starts giving trouble then the first I'll know of it is when I fire a ball out of it. I don't care what Martha Stewart says, definitely not a good thing. Is this a problem with the timing, do you think? If so, is there someone who works on such things and is it even worth the trouble for an Armi San Marco? I don't really know much about reproduction handguns...I'm a Civil War reenactor so most of my attention has been taken up with infantry longarms up to now. I'm new here, so my apologies if I've put this in the wrong folder. Thanks for any help.

Back