Problems w/Fiocchi in HK USP40C ???

saands

I just bought a USP40 Compact (still waiting to pick it up) and was about to buy a case of Fiocchi 145 JHP's ... but I read on a different forum that someone had trouble with the Fiocchi's ... something about the primers being too hard. Any other feedback, confirming or refuting, would be great, since there is a show in town this weekend and I was considering stocking up on ammo.
Thanks,
saands

I've used Fiocchi FMJ for my Sig 229 .40 S&W before, and haven't had a problem... Although it was only 500 rounds...

About a thousand rounds of Fiocchi 170gr ball through a pair of USP40 full size, nary a problem. Pretty hot ammo - good stuff.

Thanks for the feedback ... by the end of the day, if I get a few more inputs, I think I'll feel a lot better about buying a bunch ... My guess is that the indivual had an out of spec firing pin or a lame spring or something like that. I am looking at the 145gr ... but I doubt that they use different primers within the same family of cartridges.
Thanks again,
saands

[This message has been edited by saands (edited December 09, 1999).]

I've shot Fiocchi's 170gr extensively, Glocks and S&W's. No problems. Only complaint I have is their ammo burns dirty, but its no big deal.
Also have shot alot of their 9mm 115gr FMJ loading (3 Glocks and HP). Once again, no problems of any kind.

Back