• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

problems logging in

Brutus

I have been having problems. Sometimes when I log on and then go to a specific catagory I'm no longer logged on. Other times when I go to reply to a post, says I'm there but I'm not and it won't let me reply. Am I in the twlight zone?

Not sure, Brutus. I performed a cursory search and couldn't duplicate your problem. Maybe another Staff member can delve deeper into your issues. Are you waiting for a long period of time between choosing to start a thread and submitting it?

It does not appear that it is a problem with your account settings or the forum software.

What browser are you using and do you have any unusual browser settings?

Search for and remove cookies matching "thefiringline".

In IE8:

Tools menu -> Internet Options
Browsing History (middle) section, click on "Settings"
Click on "View Files"
Sort by file name by clicking on the "Name" heading in the first column.

Scroll down until you see files starting with "cookie:"

Find cookies where the second column contains "thefiringline.com" or "www.thefiringline.com" and delete all such cookies (select the right lines by ctrl+clicking in the first column, then right click, then pick delete).

Just logged on into firing line and while login is good in the main menu and here if I go to Semi auto hundguns I am not. Haven't checked all the other catogories but I will shortly.

Just went through all forums and Semiauto handguns is the only one I don't have access to. Are those guys mad at me?

Nope, not mad at you. I checked your access to the forums, and all of them should be accessible by you.

You didn't say, did you do what tyme suggested and delete your TFL cookies? You also need to answer the questions John and Al asked. Without a little help from you we won't be able to do much about the problem.

That's really weird, because looking at your forum permissions everything is set to default, which is exactly what it should be in your user group.

I've gone ahead and reset your permissions in semi-auto to "yes."

Hopefully that will override any oddness in your particular profile.

Give it a try again and let us know if it works.

You will probably have to log out and delete your TFL cookies.

OK fellas I just logged out, left the forum, deleted all cookies, reentered the forum, logged in clicking "remember me" and I still can't vist or post in the semi auto or rifle forums. :(
What do you say if you guys just delete me from the forum altogether so I can try with a fresh start?

You can post in other subforums though, it seems? And you sometimes can post in this forum and sometimes you can't?

Have you tried with another browser like http://www.google.com/chrome ?

Do you have any firewall or web filtering software running on your computer? You could try disabling it temporarily just to see if that has any effect.

Next time you try to post and it fails, if you can note the exact time+date of the failure, reply with it here or PM me and I might be able to help more.

In addition to good tyme's suggestions, see what happens when you try to go directly to the Rifles forum. Copy this line and paste it in your browser's address field for a blank window or tab (don't even have TFL opened at all):

http://thefiringline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3

Still having the same problem except it's getting worse, Managed to log on and create two posts one here and one in semi auto. Niether posted.
My post here described how I had exited the forum, deleted all cookies, reentered, logged in, checking "remember me" seemed to be logged in but when I came back later, all was lost.
What do you think fellas, I think I should be completely removed so I can get a fresh start, Hope you will be able to read this I would hate to have to try typing it a third time

...I think I should be completely removed so I can get a fresh start...
Removing you and creating a new account won't solve the problem because it's not a problem with your account. It's some kind of an issue with your browser/browser settings or some other software on your computer.

John is right. I can pretty much guarantee you would be having the same problem no matter what user name or account you use.

What you said in post 15 is a clue because both of your posts did get posted.

Is the one in the semiauto forum this one:
Thanks for the feedback. A few questions for Mr. Walt, How durable is the satin nickle finish? Whats CZ's turn around time for custom work?
I would like to have the front and backstrap checkered as well as some trigger work.

I'm beginning to suspect that you are having cached page problems. After you post and you don't see your post in the thread, do you refresh the page?

May have solved the problem which may be related to windows 7.
I clicked on "web page privacy policy" under the safety tab, I then right clicked on the first item in the list and allowed cookies from this sight.
So far problem seems resolved.

Back