Problem with new M15A2 PART II

AR Man

Part II (If you want a detailed description of my problem it is under "Problem with new M15A2") briefly I have an ejection problem. After a very short range session (60 rds) my rifle fails to eject on EVERY ROUND the case is attached to the bolt face and stays there until I remove it manually. I have since taken the bolt carrier apart cleaned and inspected everything. I have NOT taken the ejector plunger out. It seems to be working free and I can find no debris in or around it. I did write a note to Armalite but as of yet not heard of anything. I know the next step is to take the ejector out (which I am not really thrilled about) so I am throwing this out for recommendations ideas whatever. Thanks.

I agree with AR Tech, the ejector plunger is the only logical choice at this point. Sorry, but it looks like you'll have to take the plunge.

You know, it may not have had all metal shavings and whatnot removed from the cavity during production, although it should have.

Could be a weak ejector spring, or there is so much grease that the spring and plunger are sluggish. The spring may even be bent and if so, replace it. If you don't know how to or want to disassemble the ejector, then try swirling it in solvent to cut the grease. Then lubricate.

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

Back