Problem with my Bushnell Power View 16x50 binoculars

MisterYuck

Hello

Several years ago I received a pair(?) of Bushnell Power View 16X50 binoculars for a Christmas Gift. After about a a year, somehow they got out of alignment. I see two of what I am looking at. One image is lower and to the right of the other image. At first I thought it might be me. I grabbed another pair of random binoculars from a friend and his were fine. He said mine were out of alignment. If I twist really hard against the center pivot the right way I can just about get the images to become one. As soon as I let off, however the problem comes back. These have had very little use and I do not know how this problem occurred, nor have I ever seen another pair do this.

Does anyone have any experience with this sort of problem or how to fix it? The optics are otherwise great.

Thanks.

Its called a "Collimation error", basically the 2 optical paths aren't 100% parallel any more. The most frequent cause is an impact that has misaligned the two front (objective) bells.
There are several different methods for adjusting & fixing it, depending on design style & manufacturer, but all of them require an optical bench.
Your best bet is return to the manufacturer or a reputable optical repair house with the right equipment.

Back