• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Problem with GENERAL?

Jim V

I tried to get into GENERAL this morning at 0600 and could not do so. The last posting was at 0545. All the other forums loaded fast but po' ol' Gen'rl would not open up.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
"If there be treachery, let there be jehad!"

[This message has been edited by Jim V (edited September 06, 2000).]

Well, I got in at last but everything is moving so s-l-l-l-o-o-o-o-o-w.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
"If there be treachery, let there be jehad!"

I noticed too.. but bugged out to find another forum to play in.

------------------
God, Guns and Guts made this country a great country!

oberkommando sez:
"We lost the first and third and now they are after the Second!(no pun intended)"

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>It has come to the attention of Staff that certain members are having difficulties accessing the General Discussion Forum.

Staff has convened and appointed an ad hoc study committee to look into the alleged problem. Once a formal report is issued by said committee, an Administrator will be dispatched to recommend corrective measures. Once these corrective measures are discussed by the Staff as a whole, one recommendation will be chosen to be enacted. (Only if there is a quorum present, and by at least 2/3 majority as per TFL reg. 12.5.14)

If the corrective measure is unsuccessful, the Adm*4(@}tratI* in cons&^+tat*! with the *#~@:[< d9#*{#dk( and #}FD@(%"..........
<BS error>
<message interrupted>[/quote]

We’re on it! :)

What's
g1.jpg

Going
g2.jpg

On
g3.jpg

With
g4.jpg

GENERAL?

Whew....I thought it was just me...

For some reason, every computer I touch this week slows waaaaaaaay dooooooooown....even those with cable modem...I'm cursed, I think...

------------------
*quack*

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by duck hunt:
For some reason, every computer I touch this week slows waaaaaaaay dooooooooown....even those with cable modem...I'm cursed, I think...
[/quote]
So you're admitting that General being down is all your fault? ;)

Eric

No its not his fault. It is most likely mine. Since I posted that my birthday was over. I'm sure that stuff about not being able to change a day once it is over has come back to bite me on the a$$. We now have two people taking credit, only on TFL! :)

------------------
DUM SPIRO SPERO
While I Breath I Hope

winkanim.gif
Does a Major General & a Lt. General outrank a General? After all, they have five stars between them to his four
winkanim.gif
A major outranks a Lt. so why does a Lt. General (3-stars) outrank a Major General (2-stars)
winkanim.gif

[This message has been edited by FUD (edited September 06, 2000).]

Yes, the problem with the General Discussion forum has been corrected but we now are faced with the perplexing problems proposed by FUD.
I would feel remiss if I did not respond in same way to his well thought out concerns on this matter.
FUD, I will see your two Generals and raise you four colonel's. :D

Back