Problem with 10-22 mag

Rotorhead

Anyone have problems with butler creek 10-22 mags sticking. These are steel lipped. I don't see a way to disassemble and don't want to lube for fear of making things worse with dirt.

thanks

If you think lubing would help, try graphite lube (get some at a hobby shop or auto parts store). It won't attract dirt, dust, or oils. Hope it helps.

Hueco

Hueco, thanks,if I can't get it resolved with the guy I bought it from I'll try graphite.

jon3, neither, it is inside the mag itself. If I load about 15 rds they stick and will not feed. If I am carefull and pull a few out without getting one stuck and then slap the mag just right it functions ok. It looks like I can see a rough spot in the back of the mag about where it sticks.

Thanks

Hmm, if you can see a rough spot, then you can grind it down very carefully and slowly. Best thing to use is a Dremel with one of those long, bendable neck-extensions and a small grinder on the end. If you can't get your hands on one of those, try a rat file, or similar thin file. After you are done filing, make sure that there are no filings or dust left in the mag. Good luck!

Hueco

Back