• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Problem uploading

J.Netto

I've posted pictures on TFL before, and know how to do it, but for some reason, when I click on the attachments button, it won't open the window to allow me to upload.

I've been messing with it off and on today because I got a new camera, and was trying to do a couple of test pics, to make sure they were the right size, and looked okay. When the attachment button was working for me earlier, I could browse and select what I wanted to upload, but it wouldn't upload any of my new pictures. Now the attachment button isn't even opening the upload screen or working at all.

First I couldn't send them in emails, or upload them to TFL, now I can upload and send pictures in my emails, but still not here. :eek: ( I'm confusing myself...)

I've checked everything - I can't figure out why I can't upload pics that I've taken with my camera. I tried to upload older pictures that I already had saved on my computer, and it let me. ( When the attachment button was still working )

Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong, other than the fact that I am technologically challenged ! :D

I tested and upload of an intermediate sized jpg file (180 KB), and it worked as designed. In the past we have had problems with a full attachment storage device, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

If it's taking over a minute, then the file size may be too large or your connection/ISP is interfering with the upload. What is the size of the file?

Mal,

I think you got it, I need to figure out how to re-size, or change the size of the picture, or settings before I take any pictures. It said the file size was 2.19 MB - :eek:

Can that be right?? I guess it is. I need to get really familiar with my camera and try it again. When I would attach one of these new images to an email, it was taking just as long, but worked. Maybe my connection is timing out or something. Besides, that's why I was trying to do a test run, to make sure they weren't going to be huge.

I've been using disposables and the camera in my cell phone for years. This is my first "fancy" camera. Sorry for the trouble, Thank you though.

James

Yep, that can definitely be right, and they can be much larger if you don't keep track of your image parameters.

There is a table of acceptable file sizes at the bottom of the file upload window. Max for a jpg is 244K.

Your existing pictures are probably still usable if you downsize them a bit (a lot in your case). One easy-to-use program to do that is IrfanView. I use it all the time to resize either the image size or the file size. It works great for both functions, and many more.

attachment.php

Finally starting to get it figured out. Thanks again everyone.

Attachments

• DSCN0029.jpg
    DSCN0029.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 68
Back