• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Problem Setting Preferences

Bud Helms

Is anyone having a problem besides me setting their preferences?

I turned off Anonymous Cookie and have cookie preferences set to accept only those that are sent back to the originating server.

Using Netscape Communicator 4.04.

??? ??? ???

[This message has been edited by sensop (edited January 14, 2000).]

If you don't allow a cookie to be stored on your system, your preferences aren't going to be set on any UBB forum you visit. Nor are you going to be able to see when the latest posts are, because it's not going to store your "last visited time" on your PC. My suggestion is to turn your cookies acceptance to "on".

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg
SysOp and Administrator for BladeForums.com
www.bladeforums.com

Well, cookie acceptance isn't really turned "off". It's a conditional acceptance, as in "accept only those returned to the originating server".

However, I set my browser for "Accept all cookies", closed the browser, spawned it again ... no luck. I think it's something else, but if no one else is having the problem, I'll keep checking my end.

Thanks for the response, guys.

Netscape is a pain in the butt. I went through similar problems with it, too. My history file showed more bytes than were allocated for that file, my dropdown URL menu froze, and wouldn't register new entries, etc, etc. I had a professional programmer work on it to no avail. The only thing I've heard worse about than Netscape is AOL. Finally deleted the damn thing, and installed Internet Explorer, no problems since.
Happy Camper...uh, surfer.

Back