problem found in mav 88

old fart

i posted a while back about my maverick 88 being real stiff and working the action plus cleaning helped. i believe now that working the action was what got it better but not fix it. i was checking closely and found out as the elevator went down the outer arm would hang at the top of the cartridge interceptor, at the spot that stick up on the interceptor. and force was needed to bring it over it. i now have a spot worn into my elevator arm where it is hitting, not a groove yet but looks like it could be soon. i called mossberg, they sent a new elevator, interceptor and stop, but the new one is doing the same to some degree although not as bad. is any ones elses doing this?, the gun shoots great and has no feeding issues, would honing that spot down on the interceptor hurt anything? thanks for any help.

I do not have any experience to speak from, but since you have the replacement on hand you could always hone the original and see how it goes.

Can you see any other wear marks anywhere inside? Stuff usually means parts are rubbing on each other or something is slightly bent.
Working the action was what caused the wearing of the finish.

the new parts fixed the issue and mossberg has been A+ on their service. so much so that i went today to get another maverick, but i had bad luck with it as i posted a new thread.

Back