Pro-open-carry article in LA Times????

WOW! I would have lost them both on a bet that the LA Times would have run an article like that. I am thoroughly impressed. :cool:

Here's one of my friends in a little encounter with a NH State Trooper on the streets of Manchester, in which he refuses to provide identification:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FWXnK5UyRI

As for leaving good comments - the comment count has been stuck at 71 since about 6am this morning when I first found this thread and posted my comment on the LA times article. It took me about 20 minutes to get it under 650 characters, but I did it, and it has yet to appear on the site as far as I can tell. Is my cache stuck or something?

That scribe has probably been exiled to the fashion section in Long Beach ... what an un-LAT-like article, and what an interesting look at OC ... I prefer concealed, but whatever makes you happy ... the right to keep and bear arms doesn't say anything about hiding them in a pocket or under a jacket.

I text-messaged Satan about five minutes ago; he replied, "No applesanity, Hell hasn't frozen over."

Sometimes the reactions are comical. Bill White, a 24-year-old graduate student in ancient languages at the University of Colorado at Boulder, wears his Colt pistol out in the open when he goes to his local Starbucks. Earlier this month a tourist from California spotted him and snapped a photo on his cellphone.

"He said it would prove he was in the Wild West," White recalled.

But does he get to wear the Colt at the University of Colorado at Boulder?

Those open carry guys here in the VA occasionally make the news. They all crowd up a a local restaurant, and the owner of the food joint gets nervous. The cops come, everyone has a laugh, the owner loses business, etc.

Back