Pro Ears - which model is right?

rock_jock

I have been reviewing previous posts on hearing protection and have decided to get a pair of the Pro Ears. My question is: which one is right for me - the Pro-Slim or the Pro-Mag? I shoot a variety of guns, but mostly handguns (9MM, .40, .357 Mag) in IDPA matches and an AR-15 in military rifle matches. Also, I sometimes participate in sporting clay matches. I would like to get a pair of muffs that are the most comfortable. Will the Pro-Slim model be enough for hearing protection with these guns? Keep in mind that I don't mind adding another set of in-the-ear plugs when I shoot my larger rifles (e.g., 7MM Mag). Thnaks in advance for your suggestions.

I have the Magnum model, which I purchased for extra protection. However, I have found that it does not provide enough additional protection to warrant the extra size over the Stalker LE series. If I had to do it all over again, I would recommend the Stalker LE. It is compact, lightweight, and the electronics themselves are outstanding. You will, however, need to double up (foamies, plugs, etc.,) when shooting indoors.

Tim
http://www.streetpro.com
Street Smart Professional Equipment

Back