Pro and Cons of 17 vs 34 for IDPA?

RINGKINGS

I have a Glock 19 and its great but looking to shoot IDPA...looking for input from experienced IDPA shooter as to pros and cons of using the 17 or the 34 for matches...i have not shot in this competition before so am trying to decide which will get the job done better.....thanks

Go to the "search" box above and you will find numerous threads. I just asked this same question a few weeks ago and got many who said to keep what I have (Glock 19) and shoot that first as it is as good as the others (Glock 17 or 34). Good luck.

It depends on why you're shooting IDPA. If you're shooting IDPA to practice with your carry gun under simulated stress conditions, keep your G19, shoot safe and get that practice. If you're getting into IDPA because you want to compete and win plaques and stuff, then I'd go to the G34. It has a longer sight radius, which makes it easier to hit with, and slightly less felt recoil. Plus, there is a whole galaxy of aftermarket parts out there to make it run faster and more accurately.

Back