Prisoners as Telemarketers

Hal

A recent series of articles in the local paper, crying for the early release of a 19 year old student convicted of selling 1200 "hits" of LSD stated she earned "About $20.00 a week as a telemarketer, while in prison". That really got my attention. I used to just hang up on telemarketers or tell them no, politely. My view has changed greatly now. I am not against prisoners being able to perform productive work. I am against prisoners being able to gather credit information, personal information, my address, my travel habits, when I am home and when I am not or anything else to make their "job" easier. I'm glad I have an answering machine to screen calls, but I am disturbed that I have to rely on one to live a normal life.

------------------
A free people ought not only to be armed but disciplined;
George Washington Jan 8,1790--There can be no doubt about the Second Amendment.

Come on Hal,
Just think of all the Honest work they can get on the outside. They will know how to talk to the parole officers, how to steal money from little old ladies, and how not to take no for an answer.
Gee with enough of this training they could even get a good job in politics writing speaches for Klinton.

In the U.S. you can SELL *LSD* by phone from PRISON ?... Man that's what I call being Liberal !

Doesn't PAY much though ;)

------------------
"The Gun from Down Under !"

Opps. That should have read: She was convicted of selling 1200 hits of LSD. She was sentanced to up to 25 years in prison for trafficking. One of her jobs in prison was a telemarketer. She didn't sell drugs while in prison. Sorry for the confuseing post. I posted it on the way out the door this morning. Guns and Ammo just ran an article on the same subject. March 99. Prisoners in several States handel a variety of jobs, from takeing airline reservations, to processing tax returns, to handeling auto registrations. There is an 800 number I will get and apend to this post for an organization sponsoring law to make it mandatory for a prisoner to identify who they are and where they are calling from before asking for any information.

Opps. That should have read: She was convicted of selling 1200 hits of LSD. She was sentanced to up to 25 years in prison for trafficking. One of her jobs in prison was a telemarketer. She didn't sell drugs while in prison. Sorry for the confuseing post. I posted it on the way out the door this morning. Guns and Ammo just ran an article on the same subject. March 99. Prisoners in several States handel a variety of jobs, from takeing airline reservations, to processing tax returns, to handeling auto registrations. There is an 800 number I will get and apend to this post for an organization sponsoring law to make it mandatory for a prisoner to identify who they are and where they are calling from before asking for any information.

Back