Primers on GunBroker.com

Somebody is buying them thats for sure. Rifles primers seem to be coming back semi frequently at the big online retailers. 8-9 cents per seems to be the new norm.

Oh i have seen the prices. I refuse to pay more than 100 per 1,000. I have enough primers to last a while, till the prices come down a bit.

Oh i have seen the prices. I refuse to pay more than 100 per 1,000. I have enough primers to last a while, till the prices come down a bit.
Same here shadow, there isnt enough demand or inflation in this World to justify a 300 to 400% increase in the price of primers

Is this the new norm? In about 6 months I will be desperate.

Yes,
No,
Maybe,
Probably Not.

Nobody knows... One has to assume supply will catch up and demand will stabilize eventually. With inflation and everything else I don't think $30 per 1,000 is likely, but something in the $40 to $50 range should be possible. This isn't the first time guns, ammo and reloading supplies have had surges in panic buyers.

Yes,
No,
Maybe,
Probably Not.

Nobody knows... One has to assume supply will catch up and demand will stabilize eventually. With inflation and everything else I don't think $30 per 1,000 is likely, but something in the $40 to $50 range should be possible. This isn't the first time guns, ammo and reloading supplies have had surges in panic buyers.
No but this is the longest I have ever seen going over two years

No but this is the longest I have ever seen going over two years

Last time around began early 2013 and went into 2015 before 22 lr was easy to find at decent prices. Powder and primers were difficult to get but not nearly as bad as now at least well into 2014. During prior panic buying the US market was the problem and the rest of the world was operating as normal. This time around the whole global supply chain has been thrown a curveball.

As long as there's one idiot hoarding $.25 primers, supplies will not go up, and prices will not come down.
Economists in the Biden administration might disagree . . .

As long people are willing to pay $20.00 for a hundred primers and $100 for a pound of powder i don't see them coming down much. I saw a 8lb jug of Retumbo sell for $1650. Crazy.

It took me a month to move 1,500 primers for eighty bucks (large primers), and finally sold them in late April. They are out there, people.

I’ve quit guessing and posting about when and how much. Ended up with too much egg on my face and I’m tired of cleaning it off. I want to shoot so I will pay to keep enjoying it. Sure I look for the best price and I still won’t be happy paying it but I’m not packing my guns away. Your money/life, your choice.

primers

Well , from what Ive seen, with the alerts I get via email, I guess I need to retire. Every alert I get no matter who has the primers available, I am not fast enough to get them, I cant use my phone at work, so Im out of luck !

All I can figure is that , To many guys are retired and are able to sit and watch on their computers, phones or what ever and grab them up as soon as they come available!

Anyway, Ive got a few primers, no SPP only large rifle, and large pistol. As long as I can load round to feed my 45 and 10MM im good for awhile!!

To many guys are retired and are able to sit and watch on their computers, phones or what ever and grab them up as soon as they come available!

Guilty to an extent but just to clarify I have not bought a jug of powder for months or any primers since 2019. In fact I sold some to friends at 2019 prices. I came into the drought prepared and now only buy what I absolutely need to replace what I use. I monitor several threads and use notification bots and when I am looking for something and it pops up I jump on it but I don't hoard or resale

Last edited:
People keep coming up with more sophisticated shopping bots to make automatic purchases faster than people can. Some owner's have fought it with order frequency and quantity limits (Powder Valley, for example), but the career scalpers have multiple buddies and family members engaged in their buying to get around those limits. Others have used quantity minimums plus high pricing that, while aggravating to customers, help by increasing the minimum investment in the scalping operation while taking a lot of the profit margin out of the prices even the scalpers can charge if they don't want to wait forever to make a sale. Bruno Shooter's Supply has taken that approach on occasion.

There are new primer making facilities going up, but there's also new ammo-making coming on line that will likely suck up a lot of any new primer supply. Loaded ammunition remains the most profitable thing to make. The bigger, slower-to-respond players, like Winchester, have concluded the loaded ammunition market increase is permanent and Winchester has expansion in the works and I expect others do, too, by now, but it takes the big guys a couple of years to get up to speed with new works. Anyway, I think we are stuck with this situation for awhile.

The good news is I have something like 6000 large Rifle Primers. The bad news is I got a 6.5 x 47 and the brass comes only in small rifle. I am working on seeing about trading. Can't get primers shipped to AK. You would think we are not part of the US. hmmm.

Worst case I get a 6.5 CM barrel and satisfy my 6.5 habit (I really love that caliber). My brother will sell me cases and dies. Just need the Giraud adapter for trim.

I thought I was well stocked up on powder and primers, still ok on powder and Large Rifle primers good but I sure did not expect it to last this long.

Yes I quit work but I have been shooting a lot the last 8 years.

Back