Primer Availability

USAF Ret

So, been looking on AmmoSeek at components. Looks like we are back in a primer drought. Anyone knows what gives?

USAF...you might check with midsouth shooters supply..i just got a email notice for cci small rifle...not sure what else they may have

you also might want to check natchez....i think they had some primers too...they had some the other day

you prolly wont like the prices...

i try not to buy that stuff unless i am gona make a haul...lol...the hazmat kills it even if you get a deal

keep looking..i was in graff's the other day looking for some powder and or bullets and they happened to have some primers..so i got 1000 and then i was in a local GS looking for powder a couple days later looking for powder...want some 8208xbr which must be made of unattanium these days...anyway they happend to have some primers too so i got another 1000....

so keep looking ...lol... a blind hog finds an acorn sometimes too

ocharry

I'm actually thinking of selecting only small primer cartridges from now on--I suspect that LRPs will never again be available in meaningful quantity in my lifetime.

Servicio brand from Argentina is pretty good too. $65 per k last time I checked.

Conserve and improvise, and ready to pay more too.

-TL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

A couple weeks ago, Natchez was well stocked and had free hazmat. I got lucky that the powder I needed was also in stock and bullets as well. Powder, primers and bullets were all on sale. I only had to pay standard shipping. They have primers in stock now, but the prices have gone up considerably from just 2 weeks ago (about 15%).

USAF...you might check with midsouth shooters supply..i just got a email notice for cci small rifle...not sure what else they may have

you also might want to check natchez....i think they had some primers too...they had some the other day

you prolly wont like the prices...

i try not to buy that stuff unless i am gona make a haul...lol...the hazmat kills it even if you get a deal

keep looking..i was in graff's the other day looking for some powder and or bullets and they happened to have some primers..so i got 1000 and then i was in a local GS looking for powder a couple days later looking for powder...want some 8208xbr which must be made of unattanium these days...anyway they happend to have some primers too so i got another 1000....

so keep looking ...lol... a blind hog finds an acorn sometimes too

ocharry
My problem is I just don't have any LGSs in the area that carry reloading supplies. I would need to take a road trip. A place about an hour from here had some in stock a few months ago and I am kicking myself right now.

Defender Ammo is 45 min, but they never have primers. I keep check on their website ready to run up the road at a moments notice.

Thanks.

I'm actually thinking of selecting only small primer cartridges from now on--I suspect that LRPs will never again be available in meaningful quantity in my lifetime.
Then it is hard to find small primer brass for large cartridges. Tough out there.

Brownells claims to have some, but I've noticed their online labeling can be misleading, so I would call them and ask. 800-741-0015, 9 am to 6 pm CST.

I found Winchester LRPs at Outdoor Unlimited. Came up in AmmoSeek. Got 2 bricks. They are an hour up the road and could have saved money, but hard to get out for that long.

For .45acp? There are spp brass.

Remember? Conserve and improvise. Pay more only if you have to. :)

-TL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Back