Pricing Interarms Mark X Mannlicher

Wrought

Hello all im about to win an auction on an Interarms(zastava) Mark X .243 win marked Manchester England with a stylized z beside it. The price is at 460$ with 35 shipping and probay a 25$ transfer. Is this a good deal? It has a 24 inch barrel and the gun is so clean. The stock appears to be maple or birch and has striping figure throughout its length. Id like to hear what you guys think about this "little" rifle and ill post pictures once the auction ends.

Must not have won the auction? With those old Mauser rifles it really boils down to are you happy with the deal? For $520 you can buy a lot of brand new rifles that'll shoot really well.

Full stock rifles can have issues with accuracy, just due to the fact that they have so much wood. Wood is unstable and depending on where you live can warp and since they can have a lot of contact with the barrel they can cause problems. Another down side is they are usually very short barreled and loud and throw a lot of flame because of this.

I like the looks of the full stocked rifle which is the correct term, Mannlicher was just a firearms manufacturer that offered full stocked rifles. It's kind of like Xerox or Kleenex have become synonymous with copiers and facial tissue. I always thought a full stocked rifle in .250-3000 would be a pretty neat deer killer, but I've never got around to finding one or building it.

Yeah i didnt win it.. I didnt think it was worth more than 460 plus expenses whoever outbid me was willing to pay 560. i liked it because it was the first mannlicher ive seen with a long barrel, it looked balanced. Maybe someday ill fill the void in my cabinet for a mannlicher style rifle

I always thought a full stocked rifle in .250-3000 would be a pretty neat deer killer, but I've never got around to finding one or building it.

Ruger built some 77 Internationals in 250/3000. One of the great coulda, shoulda, wouldas of my gun show career was passing on one for about a third of what they go for now.

If you pay $40,000 for an old Ford Pinto and your happy with it, you got a good deal. If your not happy with it, you got screwed!

I have three Ruger Internationals (RSI) all in .308 Win. Got into all three cheap because their previous owned couldn't find an accurate load for them. Took two years to find what worked and the same load worked in all three. FWIW, the only factory ammo that worked in them was the Speer 165 gr. Nitrex. Wish they still made them.
Paul B.

Back