Prices on Rifles

Dirk21

Inactive
I am being assigned overseas for a couple of years and have several rifles that I have purchased and can't find anyplace to store sooo. 1957 Belgium Browning Safari 30-06 w/ extra fancy walnut and an outstanding hand rubbed oil finish 20+ coats of true oil and a Leupold 3x9 Leo Dotw Orig Belgium Mounts it is drop dead gorgeous jeweled bolt and gold inlay on reciever. 1958 T2 Tbolt Belgium Browning 22 Very Fancy Wood. Grade 1 and 2 Belgium Browning 22 Automatics Grade 1 99% Orig and Grade 2 95% Boxs and paperwork. 1997 25th Anivrs Grade 1 Winchester 9422 100% limited edition 1/2500 Extra Fancy Walnut w/ engraved reciever no FTF002x. Winchester Model 12 Vent Rib 80% w/ 3 Chokes 3". Sako 25-06 w/ Awesome Fajen Curly Maple Thumbhole Custom stock with Redfield 3x9 Accutrack and Hand Rubbed Finish w/ Blond Handmade Matching Sling. Belgium FN Highpower w/ Nazi Proof Marks and Nazi Holster 90% w/ 2 clips it is a shortened version of the Highpower it is the only one I have ever seen like it no idea what the actual model would be. I have purchased these in the service at various gunshows throught the country at various duty stations and am keeping only my favorite five. I need ideas as to what they are worth and have no idea where to take such a large number to sell??? Thank you In Advance. I am wondering how a consignment deal w/ a dealer would work?? HELP

Dirk - went through something like this myself. I rented a safe deposit box at a bank and stored my guns there. Might be worth looking into..

Giz

------------------
"Hear the voices in my head, swear to God it sounds like
they're snoring." -Harvey Danger, "Flagpole Sitta"

It is truly a sad decision you are forced into making. One you will probably regret. I can feel for you because I was forced to sell my collection which included a 74 Springfield with bayonet which had never been fired. It still had the cosmoline in the barrel . I was making a PCS move to Alaska and needed the money to be able to enter Canada. Maybe you can find a bonded storage company where you could store them. If you stored them in vacuum pack bags after oiling them they would survive the two years with no problems.

Back