Price range for an M-14

DannyO

I have been searching the net for prices on an M-14. Are they really that expensive? The lowest price I've seen is $1,100. Is this average or am I looking in the wrong places. I am not looking for a match rifle. Just a solid M-14. Thanks for any info.

------------------
Semper Fi

yep,

1100 may even be getting to be the lower end of the spectrum these days for a Springfield Inc. m1a.

The only way to go cheaper would be maybe an Armscorp receiver (roughly 350 to 450 federal reserve notes) and build from ground up.

I would stay away from Entreprise Arms receivers as I am not sure about QC.

I hear the steel on the Chinese Polytech m-14 receivers is real good, but the rest of the rifle pretty much sucks. You would have to get a nice fit job with U.S.G.I parts. If you go w/ polytech

STAY AWAY FROM FEDERAL ORDNANCE RIFLES AT ALL COSTS. The price may be attractive but the headaches later will not be. These receivers absolutely are POS.

Oh BTW welcome back to the civilian Clinton world of gun legislation that has absolutely nothing to do with reducing violent crime.

So if you build one and it is post ban NO BAYONET LUGS if you have the other "evil" feature of a flash suppressor.

Just how many murder victims have been bayoneted in the past 20 years is still an uncertainty but the Clintonites are absolutley certain that this "evil" feature needs to be banned from the rifle.

Cole Distributors is a good source for mags JG supply may have mags also.

Thanks to Clintonistas these pieces of stamped sheet metal are going way way up in Federal Reserve Notes. 25 years from now they will cost more than the rifles!!!!

Orso

Yeah, that seems to be getting down towards the lower end on the M1A price. But then you have to figure how much a FN-FAL, H&K-91, Galil, AR-10, SR-25, Valmet M-78 are just as high if not even more so. Note when I mentioned the FAL and H&K-91, I was talking about the real ones and not the Franken-guns they are slapping together today. You might find a good deal on a used one but I would stay away from Armscorps. I had one of theirs and the screw hole for the scope mount was drilled in the wrong place so I couldn't mount either a daylight scope or my starlight scope. I traded it off for another Springfield and that is what I am going to stick with.

Figure it this way
Barrel $100
Receiver $450
Op Rod $150
Trigger group $125
-------
Total $825

So $1100-$1400 isn't that High when just the major parts goups are $825

i love my new M1A stainless loaded, wouldn't have any thing eles. very good long range weapon. its the best in my book.

Last weekend at the Waterloo, Iowa, gunshow "Loaded" M1As in wood w/blue barrels where around $1,400+. Springfield must of pushed thru a 15% Y2K price increase. Didn't see any M-14 type rifles for under $1,200, and not a single Polytech or Norinco. Last used Polytech I saw was around $650.

I have a Polytech. It has about 500-600 rounds through it and I have had NO prolems out of it whatsoever that weere not operator or ammo related. The only thing I hated was the finish on the wood. One night of work had it stripped and refinished. The gun gives me about 1-1.5 inch groups at 100 yards.. Usually 1.5 though :) I paid 600 for it and it came with one 20 and two 5 round mags. All in all a great rifle. No it will not shoot as well as a match rifle from Springfield but it is a great service level weapon.

Any of you competition shooters?

Want a free M1A on loan?

Look into your state's high power rifle team.

I only know about RI and MA, but team members recieve (on loan, you have to give it back if you leave the team) rather nice M1A rifles.

You can't argue with the price. . . .

Benjamin,
Do you have a web address or some type of contact number for the MA rifle team?

------------------
"some people spend an entire liftime wondering if they made a difference. Marines don't have that problem."
Semper Fi

Logoseal.GIF

Try this link to the CMP's State Affiliates. -- Kernel

Benjamin:

I believe that there is a little more involved in it than simply "looking into your state (association) rifle team.

I doubt that match grade rifles are issued (loaned) to duffers. Of course, I could be wrong.

Back