Price of Handguns

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnemeth

Later this month I should be able to purchase my first handgun. Because I live in NYC I can only purchase a gun from the range that I'm training in currently (the guns are held at the range until my permit and purchase orders go through). I was wondering if I could get some general ideas on the prices of the guns that I'm interested in buying. My first choice is a stainless Ruger 22/45 with the 5 1/2" barrel.
My second choice, if I have enough money left over after my cousin's wedding, is a S&W 686 Plus with a 4 inch barrel.

Thanks
Christopher M. Nemeth

Are you somehow limited to revolvers???

Go with the Smith, if those are your only choices. A few dollars is worth your life i think.

Then, when you save even more moola, get out of NY for crying out loud.

------------------
"By His stripes we are healed..."

PeterGunn

Christopher,

Here in the midwest a blue Ruger 22/45 can be purchased for about $220, the stainless model goes for around $275.

good Luck.....

Joe

------------------
Go NRA

Here in the southeast, the Ruger Mark II
KMK-512 rules the roost. One can be had
here in "The Heart Of Dixie" for $289.88
+ sales tax, of course. This weapon's price
is NIB.

------------------
Ala Dan

A good price would be 25 to 33 percent off list price. Bachman www.bachmangun.com is selling the P-512 for $180; list is $265. Last weekend I purchased the KMK-4 at a gun show in Houston for $232; list is $347. So, I'd expect to pay about $225 for a KP-512; list is $330.

Christopher:

The Ruger is a fine weapon--get what you like and feel comfortable with. Here in the West I've seen them on sale for just under $200.00. Good luck.

------------------
RKBA!

How come when your looking at guns - the one I like and want the most is ALWAYS the highest price on the shelf?

It's a conspiracy! :(

I blame... Uh...

Dang, I just have good taste...

:)

------------------
"There is no limit to stupidity. Space itself is said to be bounded by its own curvature, but stupidity continues beyond infinity."
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE
The Critic formerly known as Kodiac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back