Price of Colts

OkieGentleman

I guess I goofed mentioning a dealers name, my post seems to have disappeared. Question has anyone priced NIB Colts at any dealers lately? How about a NIB Series 80 .45 Gold Cup/National Match in Polished SS for $5000.00 or an Anaconda w 6" barrel in SS for $1400.00. I saw these at a dealers the other day. Not Special Serial Number or anything like that. Dealer explained prices by saying Colt not going to produce any more so price went up.

Sounds like a crock to me. I was at my favorite gun shop today and all the Colts are the same price as always. Made a joke about jacking up the prices and they just shook their heads no.

OkieGentleman,
Your other post is still there. I just read it. You can write "Mashburn" on here without your post being removed. You did not say anything nasty about them, but those prices are ridiculous. I am looking for a Colt Magnum Carry (357 snub), but I won't pay more that retail for one. They are not worth more than that to me.

Neal

:( There is not a 1911 anywhere near me. I have looked and looked. Everyone snatched them up back in Dec. I asked a couple of shop owners in my area and the said "sure they could find me one for about $700.00" I guess thats what I get for wainting to the last minute. My Browning will have to see me through the next Century.

I know a dealer here in S.C. that has two COLTS on display that have the same price as 3 months ago. He told me he could make 20% as marked so thats the price.(and NO it is not over-priced to start with !)

Another honest man.
best dewey

I just picked up a M1991 Commander last week in mint condition, for $575. The gun looks almost new, has a stainless guide rod, and a pretty nice trigger pull.
My dealer also had a couple of blue Government models for $525, & $625 in decent condition, but no NIB. I think that what I paid is around average, and have seen Gold Cups for around $800 & up. Just shop around, and see what's out there.
Good luck,
Cowboy

Back