Price help: NIB Ruger Super Single-Six Convertible

johnbt

Anybody know or care to guess? My books are at least a year or two old and they say $275 for 100%.

I went by a local shop to look for a Hi-Power and they had 4: 1 Practical with fixed sights at $649 and 3 Mk.IIIs at $599.

So what do I see, but a NIB Super Single-Six Convertible (clean box, papers, etc.). I'd like an opinion or two on what it's worth before I go and spend $350, or maybe $325 if they're having a good day.

I bought a 5.5" fixed-sight Single-Six Conv. in '72 and have always wanted a 6.5" bbl. old model Conv. with adjustable sights. Now I can. I just want to know how bad a beating I'm taking.

Thanks.

John.

$275 to $300 sounds about right for a NIB old model Super Single Six convertible . You might check a copy of GunList first to see what they're going for. The Single Six is a common revolver, and I think the gunshop might own the one in question for a long time if they are shooting for $350. If I really wanted it REALLY bad, might pay $325, but no way $350. That's too frickin' high!

I think my Super Single Six convertible with 5.5" barrel cost $72 in 1970. Ah, the good old days.

Is the gun you're scoping a new model? We have a NM Super Single Six convertible at our shop for 290ish, brand new...

(edit) Whoops, misread!

If it's an absolutely LNIB old model, $325 isn't too bad; not a super deal, but not a rip-off either.

"I think my Super Single Six convertible with 5.5" barrel cost $72 in 1970. Ah, the good old days."

Dang ;) , and i paid $79 for the little Colt Peacemaker .22 at about that same time :D Sure is purdy w/flame hardened frame :)

RUGER 3-SCREW SUPER SINGLE SIX

LATE LAST FALL I BOUGHT A GORGEOUS 98% 6 1/2" OLD MODEL SSS FOR $185.OO OUT- THE- DOOR-TAKE-IT-SHOOTIN'.
UP HERE ON THE HIGH PLAINS AIN'T NO SINGLE SIX GONNA FETCH THE PRICES THEY WANT YOU TO PAY. I'VE SEEN A USED, ALL BUT NEW RUGER BISLEY 22 SIXGUN LAY IN THE CASE FOR WELL OVER A YEAR WITH A PRICE TAG OF $189.OO. I'D HAVE BOUGHT IT BUT I ALREADY OWN THE SECOND BISLEY SINGLE SIX EVER MADE PLUS ONE OF 52 STAINLESS BISLEY SINGLE SIXES EVER MADE, PLUS MY BOWEN 7/12" SINGLE SIX SO I FOR DAMSHOOR DIDN'T NEED IT. [ BELIEVE ME, I DID TRY TO CONVINCE MYSELF I JUST HAD TO BUY IT ]
RUGER SINGLE SIXES, BOTH OLD AND NEW MODELS ARE OUT THERE BY THE BLUE JILLIONS. DON'T LET 'EM GIVE YOU THAT RARE GUN PILE OF CRAP.

I bought my NIB blued one in 1997 for $159. It was a great deal--that's why i bought it. I don't think it will help you with your current pricing problem though.

Thanks for feedback folks. I'm going back tomorrow to give it a closer look and see what they'll do on the price. If it actually is unfired I may pass on it and leave it for a collector.

John

Back