Price for Enfield Mk 5 jungle carbine.

There is no Mk5 jungle carbine. Are you talking about an original Rifle No. 5? If so, they seem to be going in the $400-500 range. But be aware that there are many "jungle carbines" made from No.1 rifles, Ishapore 2 and 2A rifles, and No. 4 rifles. These may be OK if you like heavy recoil and blast, but they are not true No.5s and have no collector value.

You might also try the Lee-Enfield forum at www.gunandknife.com

Jim

Jim

Jim--
You are dead-on about most "No. 5's" being artificial, but I must say that with a rubber butt-pad and a good sling, these things are as handy as a pocket on a shirt!

Sad but true, the one I've been shooting and hunting with (my father's) is an actual No. 5 that some fool sporterized with an aftermarket stock and gold bead front sight. (If the bore weren't pitted, it might even be worth restoring.) Still and all, it's one of the handiest woods rifles I've ever carried afield, and in the dark timber of CO, I was really hoping for a shot at a legal bull with that carbine, stoked full of Sierra 180g ProHunters at 2450.

------------------
Will you, too, be one who stands in the gap?

Matt

Man, I remember when real Jungle Carbines were selling for $79 (though I may be dating myself somewhat).

------------------
When Guns Are Outlawed, I Will Be Another One Of The Quarter Million Violators Who Are Not Prosecuted

I've turned down $400 for my original. I know it's original as my dad bought it in the fifties when no one wanted surplus mil. It's been in his or my possession ever since.
They used to sell them in hardware stores, you picked what you wanted out of fibreboard barrels. He picked up the No. 5, a No1 Mk III* and a No 4 Enfield and a beautiful Brazilian Mauser that way.

Back