Price for 30 Round Metal AR Mags?

Mosin-Marauder

I found a bunch of AR mags at what I thought was a decently low price. It was $16 for the magazine and 20 rounds of .223 tulaammo together. What would be a good price for the mags themselves and was this a good deal? It's marked 6P199 08/05.

I recently paid $9.99 each (delivered) for new black stainless steel C-Products 30 rd mags with orange followers. These are some of the best available. I had to buy a baker's dozen to get free shipping. No ammo included but it's still a better price especially given the excellent quality of these mags. Besides, I don't like steel cased ammo unless it's going in an AK.:)

EDIT: LINK

Last edited:
Just like Mike said, most places around here have them on sale periodically for $9.99. Their everyday price is usually $12-$15.

They had individual magazines for $12, same kind. I happen to like Tula Ammo. I just hope my AR I'm getting likes it. Also, can you guys recommend a good priced entry lever AR in .223? Building one isn't an option, I'm afraid.

before i started reloading, ALL my guns ate thousands of tulas through their days, just know that the jacket is a bi-metal jacket(it has some steel in it) so it does actually wear out your barrel faster, as for the case being steel i have never noticed any issues with that

seems like a good deal, i beleive tula 223 is about 6$ a box IIRC

NIB or used? I can usually pick up used Metal C-products for $6-$8 each. Around here, 20 rounds of Tula is about $4.27 or so, so you are paying $12 for the mag. Not a bad price assuming the mags are brand new, but it's not a door buster either.

Also, can you guys recommend a good priced entry lever AR in .223?

Most are chambered in 5.56. I'm not sure if that's a deal breaker for you, but finding one off the rack actually in .223 might be a little hard. As for entry level, what are you looking to spend and what it's purpose to be?

Not looking to spend alot, are there any for around
$500-600?

As for the mags they're uaed. They're the ones with the green plastic follower, he had one more box with a mag so I think I might pick it up the next time I go.

I bought a 10 pack of D&H mags from PSA for $79.99 I like em, havent had one malfunction with them. I read these are actually the same as gov issue, have no proof.

Not looking to spend alot, are there any for around
$500-600?

Does that include optics? You can hit that price pretty easy if you just want iron sights. You can always add a reflex/scope/red dot if you want to later. I'd check out Palmetto State(stay away from their PTAC line though). They almost always have some sort of sale, and i'd expect a nice 4th of July sale, as well as a Labor Day sale at the end of summer. There may be cheaper guns out there, but PSA is the best bang for your buck IMO.

Back