Price check - USFA China Camp

Sample

I'm considering the purchase of a stainless .45 Colt China Camp. My local shop has one for $855. - is this a decent price?

Also, does anybody have first-hand experience with this gun? From what I've read on other forums, the quality is comparable to a first generation Colt (which would cost $2,000+).

I am interested in the gun for target shooting. I am not a cowboy action shooter and would not be firing 100's of rounds through it. I just like single action .45's.

Thanks.

A good price. I just sold a used 4-3/4" .44 Special for $900.

I don't have experience with the China Camp model, and doubt I'd like a gun finished in the white, but as for the accuracy, quality, fit, and finish of the USFA's (not the older, US Patent FA Co guns), they are first-rate. Out of the box, I rate them over a third generation Colt.

Check out the Uberti's I have one in .44 mag and it is sweet. It has a brass grip frame with case hardened frame with lovely bluing. Talk about a gorgeous single action revolver and the quality and workmanship is first rate.

7th

I own a Uberti already - a .44-44 Regulator Deluxe with the Birdshead grips. I've heard that there's an awful lot of variation in the quality of the Uberti's. Mine though, is BEAUTIFUL. The fit & the finish are outstanding. It is one of my favorite guns, although I do not shoot it much.

An excelent gun and a good price to boot!

These are a favorite with the CAS crowd. The China Camp comes with a factory action job, certified point of impact, rubber grips and lists for $1085 new on www.usfirearms.com

Factor in tax/dros/FFL to order a new one and you may have a decent deal on your hands, especially if there are factory upgraded grips on it.

Do all the usual, check it for abuse and make sure it still has the certification for the factory point of aim (although that is not really a deal killer if its a good gun); do a search onthis forum for used revolvers and there is an excellent checklist someone wrote about how to check one out.

Otherwise, I would drool over what your looking at!

JT

Back