Price check on Remington folding 870

Sounds high to me? PMs around here go for mid-3s, which would make the stock a $300 add-on? I have read alot of reports of dissatisfied users of the factory folder, including alot of cut-up fingers and other body parts (sounds like sharp stamped metal parts edges?).

IIRC, the PM 18.5" takes 4 in the tube, plus up to 2 more with an extension. I've got a Vang Comp extension, which is extremely well made, and installed one of the <$10 aluminum followers from Brownells. Both highly recommended.

640 sounds way too high. You might try ebay if you really want the stock. I've seen a few show up there and they top off at around 100 dollars. If you want an alternative stock, Sage International makes a collapsible stock for the 870 available at Brownells that might be desireable. And there aren't any sharp points like the Remington factory folder. It too sells at around 100 dollars.

I would insist on a substantial discount if I were forced to take a Remington folder. Just my opinion, of course...

------------------

Don't forget that the POS Remington folding stock retails for $189, if you are able to talk the customer "service" morons into selling it. That could be jacking your price up.

I had two different people at Remington try to explain why I couldn't have a "Police" 870, a 870 folding stock, or a PSS. They were very put out when I told the I already had a PSS...simply too dangerous for civilian hands, I expect.

But yes, that is way too high for a 870 Police, even with the stock.

Alex

Wayyyy too high. By the way, have you ever shot 12 pellet 00 Buck or full power slugs through such a gun? Try it and then see if you really want that particular folder.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by P-35:
By the way, have you ever shot 12 pellet 00 Buck or full power slugs through such a gun?[/quote]

I've shot a box of target loads through a pistol grip Winchester 1300, the recoil was punishing.

The reason I want a folding stock is for easier storage, not for holding up 7 Eleven, though it might come in handy. :rolleyes:

I think the only reasons for the high prices is because there is only one more gunshop in San Francisco and the higher cost of living compared to other cities. Thanks.

------------------
Check out my pics

E_Wok -- the mid-$3 price I mentioned is a metro Boston figure, and our cost of living probably is as bad as yours <g>.

Wakal -- these "police" models are not restricted items, as far as I can tell. Any dealer should be able to order them. Remington seems to be going round the bend on these issues -- things like the dimples. Guess they don't trust us?

I see references to full-power loads. Don't need it for defense purposes. Buy and shoot the low-recoil "tactical" loads. They work the same at the muzzle end and you'll get faster, more accurate follow-up shots at the operator's end. Save the 3" magnums for geese going by at 30k feet. <g>

WAY TOO HIGH! I paid around 420 for mine a couple years ago. And yes, it came from the factory with the folding stock. In shotgun News, you can buy the factory original folding stock from between 70 to 125. I like mine, but I am considering putting some pac-skin on the stock to make a cheek rest. I doesn't hurt with regular loads. But magnum loads are big ouch.

I cut down a 870 Express and added a Rem folding stock. I know it is not the best solution but I wanted a compact SG. The other thing is that I hate side folders so this is one of the few options I had. I Don't have too much of a problem with it.

Here is a pic of mine:

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=119160&a=1529566&p=18373483

Icopy, the Pac Skin works well, you can see it on the rail in the pic.

NJW in AZ

[This message has been edited by NJW (edited July 17, 2000).]

Back