Price check on an unfired revolver..

Mastrogiacomo

My hair dresser recently got her license to carry and she's looking for a revolver, (and has for several months). She wants a revolver for home defense and/or car gun. I have a used 686 plus and a 586, new and unfired gun in the safe. I like my 686 more and would consider offering the other revolver. What is a fair price for a never fired 586 (with lock)?

Fair price $700
Today's stupidity ??????

My opinion

Worth what you paid for it

You want her cutting your hair and finding out you made her an honest deal or inflated price?

Look at Smith and Wesson for the MSRP for your model. Then reckon state tax or shipping and FFL fees. Then reckon you have it NOW, no paperwork which someday some feel would be good to not exist, and you probably have ammo and would help her at the range. $850 to $1200.

But you know what you paid for it, and you two can work out a neighborly cash price plus some haircut coupons. A good haircut ain’t cheap, either.

I Boston Ma, I'd imagine the sky's the limit when it comes to prices - just like here in Ca. In 2014, I bought a new 686+ (for carry) and paid over $800 for it. A 586 wouldn't be much less.

She's interested in the gun...a lot. I'm going to bring it next time I get my hair done and let her handle it (she works out of her home), and she's fine with the price too which I'm selling for $800 even which I think is more than fair given the gun and it's condition.

She's interested in the gun...a lot. I'm going to bring it next time I get my hair done and let her handle it (she works out of her home), and she's fine with the price too which I'm selling for $800 even which I think is more than fair given the gun and it's condition.
Offer to accompany her to a range for a "test drive" and instruction, followed by cleaning.
Her level of familiarity and training may negate the need.
Otherwise, a good deal

What's the gun worth to you? Should you decide to sell it the only matter of importance is seller and buyer come away happy. I am seeing them from $700 and up so you can decide what the gun is worth to you and come up with a fair offer price.

I recently advertised in these and other forums seeking a S&W Model 60 Lady Smith or a decent nice condition 2" revolver. My son was looking for a carry gun for his wife and they had on loan a S&W Model 60. A very nice member in another forum who lived one town away from my son sold him a real nice S&W Model 60 for $600 so everyone walked away happy and turns out my son knew the guy's wife through HS wrestling programs. Go figure.

Whatever you feel is fair and as to any gun shortages I am seeing guns returning to market, albeit slowly but they are returning.

Ron

Is the hair dresser a collector? There are several models of S&Ws more practical for SD role for non gun people. An L frame S&W is on the large size for such duty. I a drawer it don’t matter that much, carry is different story.

Back