Price Check on a Taurus M-608

ojibweindian

How much would one of these, sporting a 6.5 inch barrel, set me back, generally speaking? I have an overwhelming urge to take up pin shooting some time in the not too distant future.

When I was checking around for one, prices ranged about @395 - $410 on the lower end, for the Stainless model. There is a blued 6.5" on gunbroker for $366 right now.

And no, I didn't get it, ended up with the HS2000 instead. The 608 is still on my list, though.

Seen one down here at a gun show for 350. Didnt like it though cause it was a big bastard. The wheel looked like it should hold beer instead of mag rounds. Opted for the 7 Shot Tracker. The ribber grips are awesome. Got the 4" barrel, came with adjustable sights and ported as well. Opted for the Stainless Steel instead of Titanium since the wife loves to shoot as much as me. Just figured the Titanium was too light and would kick like a bear in her hands. Paid $340 NIB at gun show her in AZ.

bastiat... How do you like the HS2000

bastiat... How do you like the HS2000

I'm thinking about picking one up this week.

What about the quality of steel on the slide?
I'm hearing about rust on the HS2000 board

Any input

TY
Greyhound Dog

Not to hog the 608 thread but...

I really like the HS2000. It just feels right for my hand size. I haven't had a lot of time to shoot it, but I liked what I saw. I also like the fact that you can modify some inexpensive taurus / S&W high caps to fit the HS2000 as well.

I haven't had any problems with rust, but I always clean my guns after I shoot. The complaints I've heard have been from people who failed to clean their guns. Or the one who used simple green (ouch) to clean their gun.

----

Back to the 608:

Lennyjoe- Yes, the 608 is a big honkin gun. I think that's part of the appeal for me. It's definately a gun my wife wouldn't be able to use.

I had owned a 4 inch 608 years ago, but had to sell it because, at the time, I was a lowly, poor college student. Now that I'm a little better off, I want another one! They are HUGE guns, but this gun is not meant to be used for concealed carry but rather blasting bowling pins, and maybe steel plates, with authority.

Back