price check on a LH Rem 700 BDL

CardiacKid74

I have a minty LH Remington 700 BDL in 7mm rem mag. It has Leupold base and rings with a simmons 3-10 power scope. What is its value? It was bought new in 2000 and I still have the box and papers. Looking to sell it in Ohio or trade for a LH varmint rifle.. I dont have a blue book to judge its value and you dont see many in LH... Thanks for the help guys.

There's a lid for every pot.

First understand that I am not left handed but have buddies that are and from what I've seen, left handed guns are more expensive to find and buy than right handed guns. However when you go to sell them, they are harder to sell. It really should not go this way. What I tell my buddies, is to put their fair price on it, just like a RH model. To me, they are both equally valued to the right person. .... :confused:

Be Safe !!!

I would pay for for a lefty if I needed one.

But some right handed folk like the leftys because they can be easier to shoot from the bench. If it an ambi stock that could go on the add.

i offered an older 700 BDL that I had bought new in 1980 - has a US-made Weaver 3x9, original stock, B&C fitted and bedded stock, brass, RCBS dies, double hard-sided travel case. Was asking 650 - no takers on6 sites

this WAS after hunting season, but still, no nibbles - Just an FYI

7mm Rem mag is one of the more common chamberings you see in the LH BDLs... My father is left handed so and owns lefty BDLs.... I'm always on the lookout for them for him..

I shop for used LH Rem 700s. I think you could get $700 tops from the right buyer. I like to pay under $500 and don't value any scope or mounts that aren't exactly what I need. What really sells are LH SA .308s they are a premium.

I looked at a Rem 700 BDL in a pawn shop last week for $475. It didn't have a scope. The rifle looked to be in good shape.

I'm a lefty and have owned several Rem 700s.

The 7 mag is not a particularly desirable caliber for most of the country.

I'd say you'll be lucky to get $400 for it. As was pointed out earlier, the scope is worthless in the secondhand market.

Back