Price Check on a Heirloom

Boo586

TFLer's

I was wondering if anyone had an idea about the value of an old shotgun that I inherited from my grandfather. I haven't looked at it for a while so the details are few.

L.C. Smith, 16 gauge, side by side double barrel shotgun with double triggers, ejectors and Damascus barrels. The gun is in pretty good shape.

I AM NOT SELLING this fine piece of work and never will. I fired it twice when I was 14 years old and that is it. The low brass, blackpowders shells split the brass a tiny bit. It gets cleaned at least once a year and I am looking to put it in a glass display case to honor my grandfather.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Boo586

There were few American Sidelocks made, and most of them were Elsies(LC Smith). Value varies greatly, age, condition and the grade of gun all figure in.

Harley Nolden's forum may give you a better evaluation than we can.

Also, like any old gun, it should be gone over by a competent smith before use.

As a family gun, it's beyond price. Cherish it...

In my big-book-O-guns the ones that match your description are worth no less than $1000 if that helps at all, theres even one thats worth $15000 in excellent condition:eek: and it says add 30% to the price if it has automatic ejectors

I couldnt tell you exactly which one you have with the information you gave can you give any more info about it

Back