Price Check: Dan Wesson 357

JohnK007

I have a guy that wants to sell me his Dan Wesson, Blue Steel, .357mag with 6 inch barrel. It interchanges with other Dan Wesson barrels but he only has the six incher. He bought it 10 years ago to target shoot for $250. Now he wants it out of his house. He has no idea what it's worth and neither do I. I don't want to screw this guy but I don't want to overpay either. Any suggestions? I noticed on Auction Arms that these are not generating much interest from bidders.

JohnK007

You don't state the model or condition. I'll assume it's a Model 15 made in Monson Mass. Watch out if it's marked Palmer, Mass. Model 12's and 14's should be approached with caution as parts availablity can be an issue.

Does the deal include the barrel wrench and cylinder to cone shim? If you want to order additional barrels to change the length and they are not included you will probably have to order them from Dan Wesson Arms in New York. Check their website http://www.danwesson.com for pricing of these accessories. Best guesstimate is $25.

If it's a 15VH (Full length shroud and vent rib) in very good condition $200 to would be fair to both of you. If it's a
15H (lug under barrel ends just after the ejector rod) subtract about $15 to $20.

Dan Wessons are great shooters, incredibly accurate, strong and reliable. If the current owner has not abused it and it is in good condition it will make a good addition.

Back