Pretty simple, huh?

Danny Creasy

IMG_0935_zpsmqi60ga0.jpg

IMG_0949_zpscxw4dkop.jpg

Yeah, move the target up to 25 yards! Hah!

But when the other kids do too, shootin' a 250 with a 7 pound CZ sporter becomes the thing.

Last edited:
I'm not clear from your post, but at what range were you shooting?

Just for fun over the summer I started shooting my 22's at longer ranges. In the past 50 yards was my "normal" range for shooting 22's, with the occasional 100 yard target.

But I ended up buying a used Leupold VX-2 with dials on it at a very good price. I started experimenting with the dials and have recorded the settings for 50, 100, and 200 yards. It took some trial and error to get it dialed in at 200 yards.

If you've never tried it shooting at longer ranges with a 22 is fun and challenging. I'm now shooting at shotgun clay targets placed on the ground at 220-250 yards. At 1st I did good to hit 1 out of every 10 shots, but I'm getting better. I'm up to one hit for every 3 shots or so now.

I wish the photos would open up for me (old unreasonable computer I guess), because the OP didn't make any sense for me over at the Original CZ forum either. The photos wouldn't open up for me on that one either.

Back