Presidential Statement of Intent - 2

• Thread starter Thread starter .
  • Start date Start date

While chowing down at a friend's hovel last evening, his wife mentioned that Clinton had made a statement on television something to the effect that it was the intent of his administration to get every firearm and firearm owner in the US registered with the FBI and BATF!! This statement purportedly was made immediately following some award or rcognition ceremony at the Whitehouse.

Can anyone validate or refute this report. If so please do immediately!!

(Note this is a dual post to Gen'l and Political Forums to ensure coverage/response.
Once we've got a clear picture as to what has transpired, we'll move the thread & posts on the Gen'l Forum to the Political forum.)

Mykl

The statement in question was made during an interview with Charles Gibson during a recent segment of Good Morning America.
After crowing that he had the courage "to stand up to the NRA" he outlined his plan to incrementally progress gun control through a series of small steps.
Registering guns "like cars" was an avowed objective.

I didn't personally hear the comment, but I have always believed that the gun registration scheme is two fold:
1) registering guns will ultimately allow the Govt to confiscate all (that they can get) registered guns. This will take place at sometime in the future depending on the political climate and a Supreme Court final decision; and

2) If confiscation never happens, think of the major source of INCOME that the states and the feds will have. Conservitively, my calculations would put the dollars at the following figures using todays estimated number of firearms at 280 million (of course years from the numbers will be even higher):

Assume a registration fee every two years at $10.00 per firearm. That, my good forum friends works out to be 2.8 BILLION dollars every two years to be used by the States and the Feds for what ever they choose to spend the money on!!

It is MONEY, and POWER, not the children.

------------------
To own firearms is to affirm that freedom and liberty are not gifts from the state.

Confiscation/banning has always followed registration. There are numerous examples here in the US...e.g NYC and Calif.

Elker is correct about revenue generation...Calif AB 17 (shelved for right now) will require separate permits for every single firearm, and these permits are renewable just like vehicle registration

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"

Went to the Realplayer speach. Very good but, he should have left out the "in an HONEST conversation" part.
Hank isn't allowed to post anymore until he cools off !

Back