Presidential nominee McCain

John/az2

I caught the headlines as I walked past the newsstand. Evidently Senator McCain has forced the issue of a "total victory in Kosovo" into debate in the Senate.

As far as I'm concerned he has lost any consideration that I would have given to vote for his presidency. And many have told me that he has been Turn-coat on many issues as a Senator.

------------------
John/az

"Just because something is popular, does not make it right."

www.countdown9199.com

Before I send this off, I need to know from the collective body of this board if I have my facts straight.

Please set me right if needed!

Thanks!
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>May 1, 1999

Senator McCain,

I was appauled to see your position on the Kosovo crisis. And wanted to let you know that we should not even be involved. We have a higher obligation to solve our own domestic crisis, than we do to run around and solve everyone else's. Once we get our own house in order, then we can consider helping others, as they request it!

This is a situation that goes back centuries between these two groups of people. And it is my understanding that they don't even want us there.

First we essentially disarm them through an embargo, and then we come back ready to save them?! Let's give them back their weapons and let them fight it out themselves.

Should you be sucessful in sending troops into this country, then certainly their needless deaths will be upon your head, and anyone else's who condones such action.

Any consideration for your presidential bid that I have given you has been lost by your position on this issue.

It is my understanding that you have turned your back on our Constitution through compromise on several other occasions.

I will certainly look into this, because we don't need another Turn-coat in our country's top office, or in any other official capacity, like senator.

Sincerely,

John XXXXXXXX
[/quote]

------------------
John/az

www.countdown9199.com

Well spoken.

What you should do with it is this:

Print out multiple copies and gather some signatures.

Then have them mail it - that way this isnt just one man's opinion - it is many... that way it will be noticed.

------------------
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

I agree. Strong, simple, right to the point, and it gets my attention, at least.

VMP's (Very Minor Points :)

Spell appauled "appalled" and put two c's in successful before you mail it. Otherwise I'm with you.

I think McCain is trying to force the Congress to meet its constitutional responsibility. If it won't declare war and win big, then all the troops should be withdrawn and this military adventurism of clinton (lower case deliberate) be forced to end.

------------------
Bruce Stanton

Can anyone varify what Bruels has posted? If this is true then my letter needs to be re-written.

Thanks.

------------------
John/az

www.countdown9199.com

I'll try. McCain knows wars cannot be won by air power alone. He spent several years as a POW because of a flawed strategy that treated the air war and ground war as separate entities. They're not. They must be integrated along with maritime strategy, etc.

If McCain had said he was against the air war in Yugoslavia, no one would have paid him any more attention than a fart in a tempest.

Declaring war is Congress' job. If they declare war, then the president is committed to win with all the means at his disposal. If he doesn't, he could be removed from office (fat chance). If they don't declare war, and don't ensure the removal of U.S. troops by cutting funding, then clinton can screw around with his new age NATO buddies, commit troops piecemeal and haphazardly without any clear cut goal. In short, a war waged by nineteen committee members - the nineteen NATO treaty nations.

McCain's only problem is he didn't outright say, "Let's declare war." He is most likely afraid of being labeled a "Goldwaterite" ala 1964 and lose his chances of winning in 2000.

I hope this helps.

------------------
Bruce Stanton

Back