Presentation Case Construction

ackattack

Inactive
Hello to all, building a presentation case, any insight on the "easiest" way to get the felt as tight as possible? Seems a trick with all the different depths and angles. Perhaps in sections? Thanks...

ackattack, this is the stuff I used:

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?Offerings_ID=9852

Press the back of the sheet onto/into the space your covering, then use the indentations on the backing as a cutting giude. Just peel and stick! Cut into as large of sections as you can manage. It doesn't have to be exact; the excess can be trimmed once it's applied. Start with the bottoms of the compartments first. Then the sides. Use a thin, strong straight edge to stuff the edges into corners (I used a metal ruler for this). It's really easy. ---j

Thanks!

Thanks for all the info. J-Bird, your pics are worth many more! Really gives insight for the final product. I am using an old artist case as a base. After a little re-work I think it will have a decent (time period) look to it. Will take pics and post, take care...

j-bird's case is very, very nice! I'll have to try my hand at this sometime.... then again, maybe not.:o

ackattack, you might PM PlayboyPenguin... IIRC he's made some nice cases too.

Back