Present from the wife

veamon

Woke me up this morning and told me to be at Tractor Supply, and be ready to work out. Didn't have a clue what I was getting, turns out this was waiting for me.

supaheqe.jpg

And to top it off, it was $800 cheaper than it is on Amazon. Woot woot!

2 people at the store loaded it, I manhandled it myself getting it out and then on the dolly. I wouldn't recommend that, 500lbs is a lot for one person..

Now does anyone know the best way to move this thing across some wood floors to its final resting place? And it also has 4 legs on it right now, I assume those come off and don't need to stay on it, right?

Get a bunch of 1-inch dowels, cut in lengths a little wider than your safe. Put the safe on top of four or more dowels , then you can roll the safe forward on top of the dowels. Pull out the back dowel and put it in the front of the line as the safe moves forward.

Be careful! This little technique does not work well on sloped floors, and of course the danger of momentum is a serious one. So take it very, very slow.

pax

I read that using those werent good on new wood floors, so I bought some $12 furniture sliders meant for hardwood, and slid right on in.

Now, more toys!

its gonna sound crazy but put a blanket under it, it takes two people , push top of safe away from you while the other person pushes a rolled up section of blanket under safe then go to back of safe and pull it all to one end , then grab the loose end and drag it to where you want . It will follow you like a puppy. It has to be a good strong blanket but it works great on smooth floors...........LOUD

Back