Pres.

They do shoot very well, and at pistol range the point of aim is the same. I can shoot as many as I want and the barrel is still as shiny as new inside. But for some reason (yet undetermined), they shoot just a little slower than conventional lubed bullets. My .45 Colt shoots an almost unnoticeable 4-6 fps slower with a 274 grain bullet going 750± fps, while my .357 bullets at 160gr shoot about 44 fps slower when fired in the 1300± fps range. This does not bother me, but some of the rifle shooters are worried that it might affect long range with light bullets. I have not chronied anything in my .30-30 yet, so I cannot tell you much about rifle bullets.
I do have a mold on the way for my .270 though, so I should be able to do a good comparison with some higher velocities later this Spring.

Recovered pistol bullets show them behaving just as uncoated bullets with normal expansion and no effect on hollow points, but I would not expect a 1/1000" polyester coat to really contain an expanding lead bullet appreciably. It is just there for friction protection during the ride down the tube. :)

I'll have to dig some of them out of the berm and take a few pics.
I have not photographed any mashed up ones, as they look just like regular ones, only they are green, red and blue. ;)

I would imagine that Rangefinder has done much more impact studies on his than I have.

Send me my voters ID card !!!

I`m a Beagle333 fan also !!!

By the way rode down to HF & not -A-nary PC sprayer in the house , painters/casters ???? somebody bought 5 at the time ?????

i dont know if i canvote for beag, he makes way too much work for me, look at all this, im going to be sitting down here all freakin night

my wife and kid dont like him much neither;)

Beagle, with powder coating rifle boolits, do you coat the base and shoot w/o gas checks? I don't see this in the near future for me (unless I get a desire for divorce, which I won't) but I may find someone willing to do some for me, so I'm curious. BTW, you get my vote.:D

'Made a few 357446 from a new mold this weekend. :)
I thought this mold had a wider front driving band than the one I had. I was wrong. Now I got two of the same one.... dangit.:cool:
march4001_zps5fedb209.jpg

march4005_zps5a70e4eb.jpg

Again, they're speckled 'cause I still had just a little leftover blue powder in the cup.

Back