Predator Tactical Shotgun

MarkCO

I have three new shotguns I am working on doing some T&E and feedback to the manufacturer on this year. The first one is the Predator Tactical Shotgun that just became available a few months ago. PT has the shotgun built to their specs in Turkey and they have some nice features. Based on my work, the magazine tube is being changed from aluminum to stainless, the lifter is being redesigned and a few small changes in the loading port.

This shotgun has several design features from other platforms combined to give what PT hopes will be a premier shotgun. http://www.predatortactical.com/ It is similar to a Berretta 1301 operating system and has no recoil spring in the stock, rather around the magazine tube. The receiver is very similar to the M3000. It has good controls and a metal trigger guard. The pistol style, low profile three fiber optic sights are interesting, but work surprising well and as an added benefit, the light pipes can be changed out, or even removed. It is a smooth running shotgun and has proven reliable as well.

Here is a short video clip of my first impressions and the first shells through the shotgun. https://youtu.be/OtzAtK07XH8

I now have just over 4K through it and I have put a M3000 stainless magazine tube and a TTI Benelli M2 lifter on it.

Made in Turkey by whom? There are some good makers, some not so good makers, and those who make guns to certain price points with the quality varying accordingly.

Looks like a nice 3-gun shotgun

It is a custom shop. They make parts for some of the other big name companies. Matt travels over there to oversee the design and processes.

So I check out the websight and it appears these are or sale at around $1500.00, is that correct?

If so, they will not sell.

I think the wood stock one is $1500, the polymer stock one is $1400.

Yes, the price is high. However, with the last few changes they made, it will be the only shotgun on the market that can be taken out of the box and reliably and efficiently shot in a 3Gun match. When the competitive shotguns ready to go are in the $1500 to $2000 range, it has a chance.

I have no sponsor or financial interest in the shotgun. Just testing it and making recommendations to Matt.

Back