"Precision Rifle" ML bullets?

They look great. I got 2 kinds at the complete opposite ends of the spectrum, bullet weight wise.

I have two MLs - a .45 cal and a .50 cal.

In .45 cal, I got some saboted .400 bullets, Precision Rifle "QT" is the type, 180 gr, for okla. deer.

In .50 cal, I got some non-saboted, P.R. "Ultimate Conicals", 450 gr, in case I draw out for ML Elk in Colo. like my buddy did (don't ya just love my weak tenuous excuses for buying guns & ammo? :) ).

Both kinds are spitzers with pointed plastic tips ('ballistic tip' I suppose), but I'm thinking of cutting them off on the 180s to make them flatnosed - I want rapid expansion.

Canadian bullets...now I've heard everything. They claim that they are "the world's most accurate muzzleloader bullet" - hope they live up to half the hype and they'll suit my needs.

Yeah, they look quite uniform, and the 180s are even boattailed, for a little added B.C. I'll post how they work later if I get an ML deer this year. :)

Recovered Slug

Check out this upset 20 gauge Winchester/BRI sabot slug that I recovered from the far side of a deer after taking a frontal quartering shot that traveled diagonally.
Although heavier than your bullet, this sabot slug started out at .40 caliber and ended up mushrooming to ~ .64 caliber. With a lighter bullet, penetration may not be as great, but hopefully similiar expansion will occur with or without the ballistic tip.
It's the only projectile that I've ever recovered from a downed deer. Hopefully, with a pass through shot, you won't be able to recover one, but if you do, consider it a "real trophy". ;)

Attachments

• P1010223aa.JPG
    P1010223aa.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 4,142
  • P1010225a.JPG
    P1010225a.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 4,249
Back