Pre sale gun cleaning?

Prof Young

So was cleaning a new-to-me but used Kel Tec Sub 2000 today and the barrel was seriously dirty. I could tell from inspection that it was bad but didn't realize just how fouled it was. Looooooong time to get that bore clean.

Usually when I put a gun up for sale it has had a good cleaning.

When I buy a used gun, I field strip and clean before I shoot it.

What is your practice?

Life is good.
Prof Young

Respecting and investment

Usually when I put a gun up for sale it has had a good cleaning.
When I buy a used gun, I field strip and clean before I shoot it.
I pretty much follow this plan and it's a good one. I remember the old saying about "what you do or don't do, effects the next guy."

I know many folks that just hate to clean their firearms. I know this because they ask me to do so. I gladly do this and yes, I enjoy it. I don't ask for any compensation but usually shows up as a couple of jars of pickled fish and some ammo and even the firearm that I have cleaned. I never sell a dirty or damaged firearm but do see plenty, especially BP forearms. My wife can't stand dirty laundry and I won't ignore a dirty firearm. ..... :rolleyes:

Be Safe !!!!

I try to clean it as best I can without resorting to much of an aggressive cleaning that might do more harm than good.

My Sub2000's barrel came insanely dirty and it seems to be a crud magnet whenever it's shot. The LGS cleaned it, or tried to, before I picked it up. I put about a whole package of patches through it before they came out clean. After putting a couple of hundred rounds through it, it was pretty bad again, but as it was shot, it got easier to clean. Not easy, but easier.

Back