who was selling it had it marked $995! He said he would take

$850 for it. I do know these prices are outrageous. The Standard

Catalog of S & W gives a price of $700 for a NIB gun. I'd love to

have this gun to go along with my Registered Magnum but not at

these prices. What is the upper limit price of this revolver in your

part of the country?

Thanks in advance,

Randy

Well, since it's not NIB by your description, at 995 it won't move. At 850 it might move, but it would take a long time. If it was NIB, it might get 800. Your description makes it a 700-750 gun at most. Does it have all the orginal goodies with the box? I would be willing bet that if you laid 7 new Ben Franklin's on the table, you would've stood a better than 50% chance of walking out with it. JMO.

The original box was in nice condition and it had the wax paper and instructions but no screwdriver. It really is a nice gun. The only mark was a slight cylinder drag line. The dealer said it was possibly only test fired at the factory. Its that nice.

Randy

pre27 357

I just bought a pre 27 S&W just like the one you described.Like new, 5 inch barrel,made in 1954,in the original gold box,at a local gun shop.Paid $550,so that price looks to be a little high.Nice gun.

I'd say $550 to $600...it's probably NOT NIB, after all, and it doesn't have ALL the accessories...I purchased a 98-99% "pre-27" from a fellow board member earlier this year (thanks, DEWEY-!)...the grips didn't match, no box or tools, but under $450 WITH S&H...yeah, $995 is REDICULOUS, $700 probably too much, IMHO....mikey357

Back