Pre featues on a Post reciever

Daren Thompson

A few days ago I saw a post on making AR-15 pistols with pre-ban features by classifying then as AOW. Could you do this with a rifle. My understanding is that in order to be an AOW it had to have a forward pistol grip. Is this true? If so what about using an AR to make an AOW that can be fired from inside a gun case, kinda like a wallet gun. Would this work?

Thanks
Later
Daren

I may be wrong and someone please correct me if I am but I believe that you could do this by getting a tax stamp for an SBR and then (and only then) building an SBR. Class three weapons are not subject to the '94 crime bill regulations.

fal- I think that by building a SBR you are still building a semi-automatic rifle and you still can not have to many evil features, just a short barrel. However an AOW is not really classified as a rifle (from a legal perspective) like a machine gun. If machine guns could still be manufactured they could have all the evil features because in the eyes of the law they are machine guns and not rifles. So by somehow getting your AR clasified as an AOW you could have all the evil features, and only pay $5. I guess my real question is exactly what does it take to make a firearm an AOW?

Later
Daren

Back