Pre ban Value?

shane

Anyone have a good page that list the est. value for most of the banned weapons?

------------------
If we are what we eat, then I'm FAST, CHEAP, & EASY!

The value of a pre-ban weapon is basically how much you're willing to pay. For instance, I paid $595 for an FN FNC back in 1988 and now I've seen offers of $1100 to $1300. I have several pre-bans and post-bans. Unless you're planning a bayonet charge, I'd buy a much cheaper post-ban weapon.

Having purchased an older mini14 with flash supressor/muzzle brake...the kick is less but noise levels are higher. So, if going for pre-ban, decide if you actually want some of the features.

------------------
If you believe in freedom and means of protecting it...you might be a gun nut.
http://ddb.com/RKBA

This is an interesting thread, since I have often wondered about the relative importance of the banned features. I too have wondered about spending an extra 50% for a flash suppressor, bayonet lug, etc.

cornered rat - thanks for the link. I notice the webmaster is apparently originally from the U.S.S.R. I have spoken with a few people who escaped Eastern Europe both before and after the collapse of Communism. I generally find they are quite clear in their desire for the RKBA - they have seen first hand the sad potential of government.

Floyd2U,

If you still have that FN FNC, I hope your sitting down (I don't think you know about this yet)- within the last 2 weeks FNC's have increased in value between $800-$1200. The reason being is that there are still left over auto sears (at a reasonable cost)- with an S&H conversion only costing $900. Just like the stock market, an article came out in Small Arms Review bringing this to everyone's attention (took long enough)- and the prices are going through the roof-they range betweeen $1900-$2900 (semi version), depends on condition and whether its a Para or Straight Stock. As for the value of Pre-Bans, go to FJ Vollmers board and post what prices you are looking for and you will most definitely get a response-its www.FJVollmer.com.

[This message has been edited by JG (edited 01-18-99).]

JG,

Thanks for the site.

Let's keep this thread going.
I bought my AUG for $1000 now they go for about 2500-3000. Jesus that's a jump.

------------------
If we are what we eat, then I'm FAST, CHEAP, & EASY!

Shane,

Wow, you lucked out with that one- the Steyr Aug is an awesome gun- you can pick up USR's on Vollmer's board for like $2000-$2100-but I would spend the extra $ for an original Aug. Hey, most likely yours has a Green Stock-but if you happen to have a Black one, they go for $3500-$4000. I had alot of preban guns- most were NIB, I didn't want to hurt the value by firing them-so painfully, I sold them off.

[This message has been edited by JG (edited 01-18-99).]

What about the value of an H&K 91? I sold an extra to a friend about 1985 with the proviso that if he sold it I had first call. Recently bought it back for $1200.

Spartacus,

Be more specific, does if have the original box and manual? whats the condition like? Is it an A2 (fixed stock) A3 (retractable stock). Regardless, you got a great deal. HK 91's usually range from $1750 (92%-94% condition) up to $2,400-$2600 for a NIB gun.

[This message has been edited by JG (edited 01-23-99).]

JG,

I'd probably call Spartacus' gun 90%. He does have the HK quick-detach scope mount. I believe that damn thing alone is worth more than my SKS...

Since I am considering the purchase of a pre-ban rifle (H&K91), I have come across a few websites where you can check out the going prices for yourself.

Vollmer's is a good website for assault rifles and machine guns:

http://www.fjvollmer.com/

Guns America has a huge selection of a diverse selection of firearms, from flintlocks to assault rifles:

http://www.gunsamerica.com/

Hope this helps, Walt

Walt,

Those are some good places to find pre-bans on the net. Although, Gunsamerica's prices are generally higher than on Vollmer's boards. Because Vollmer's boards really cater to dealers, and if the price is too high, the advertising party usually gets flamed (even though its against the rules to do so)- but if you don't know much about pre-bans and want one-Vollmer's is a sure bet. You can also go to www.subguns.com (the other big board, Tom Bowers site)-just go there and click on the link below the Tommy Gun. Plus, on Vollmer's and Bowers site, if someone is advertising something-chances are they have advertised before (not alway's though)- so most guys are reputable (or you'll know if they aren't by the flames they get), you never know what your getting on Gunsamerica (with private sales).

Spectre,

Not bad, of course god forbid could I know anyone willing to sell me a 91 for $1200. Those HK detachable mounts are nice. Well, all I can say is good for Spartacus, he did good.

[This message has been edited by JG (edited 01-23-99).]

[This message has been edited by JG (edited 01-24-99).]

JG,
Thanks for letting me know about the increase in value of the FN FNC. I have the para stock. It's better than 90%. I don't shoot it very much anymore. Guess I'll appreciate it more, but I wouldn't pay that much for any "assault" rifle...

Floyd2U,

Cool, you have a Para (only imported like 1700 with the folding stock)- I agree, the prices are ridiculous these days- but people want, what they can't have and that = $$$$, but I would hold onto it also- at least it will never lose any value.

Back