Pre-ban Mini-14 questions

TXAGDave

Inactive
I read in an earlier thread that there was no such thing as a pre-ban Mini-14 because they were not specifically banned in the '94 Crime Bill. This thread went on to state that while you could add one "bad" feature to the mini-14 you could not add 2 (ex. flashhider, but not flashhider and folding stock) My understanding was if a rifle was in a "banned" configuration before the 94 ban than it is exempt from the ban. The reason I ask is this: I bought a NIB stainless Mini-14 in early 1994. Several months later I placed a flash supressor on the rifle and BEFORE the ban placed a Choate full-length pistol gripped stock on the rifle. The gun was paid for in cash as, was the flashhider. I can't remember where I got the stock from. The point is it is not well documented, but it was in a pre-ban configuration before the ban. I'm thinking of selling it now and would like to know what effect all this would have on its value. It's in 95%+ condition and (I hope) I have the factory wood stock and 9 30rd mags. Thanks for any help.

Back