Prarie Dog Hunt?

sparkysteve

I was in Wyoming Muley hunting last fall, and I think I had more fun shooting prarie dogs. I want to go again. Does anyone know of a place to either pay or hunt public land to prarie dog hunt. A shorter drive from Michigan would be nice. Eastern Dakotas or Montana maybe. We'd have a group of 4 guys wanting to go. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I asked the same question a while back:D living in michigan theres not a lot of fun varmints to shoot,i was told south dakota grasslands park i think it was called.

"I was in Wyoming Muley hunting last fall, and I think I had more fun shooting prarie dogs."

Ditto that, except:

NRA4LIFE was in Montana Muley hunting last fall, and I think I had more fun shooting prarie dogs.

Only thing wrong was I had only my .243 with me and about a dozen rounds of ammo when we found the dogtown. Come to find out them little buggers are in a heap o' trouble when hit with 105 grains at 50 yards.

There was a rancher in Wyoming

There was a rancher in Sheridan Wyoming that let us hunt prairie dogs off of his property for free. Also he let us camp in one of his hay fields, his wife was even nice enough to make us dinner one of the nights we were there. This was 2003, but who knows maybe he still isnt charging.

crow

If you want to come to south dakota i know alot of places in the western half of the state, on nantl grasslands where we can shoot allday and nobody bothers us. Dogs for miles (literally) If youre interested PM me and maybe we can set something up. BTW there is a season here closed from march 1 to june 14. Mating season. Cant bother them dogs while they're gettin it on. :p .

SW

Back