Prairie Dogs in Arizona?

Bottom Gun

Does anyone know of any prairie dog hunting in Arizona? I sure be grateful if someone could point me toward a good hunting area for them.

Think that this is the only dog you are going to find that far south.
tvtakes9.jpg

Robert

Anodes,

Thanks for the info. I knew there were some prairie dogs here in the state, but up to this point, the only directions I’ve been able to get have been “up north”. This narrows the search area down for us. Is there a specific spot in that area that’s better than others?

My lady has been wanting to go prairie dogging for some time now. I was extremely fortunate to find a gal who likes to shoot and hunt as much as I do.

The distance really isn't that important, since we'll make a weekend or better yet, a week out of it. We don’t mind a little traveling to enjoy a good dog shoot. In fact, that’s not far from where we’ll be hunting elk this year.

This brings up another question. . . . Is a certain time of the year better than other times?

Thanks again for the info.

Bottom Gun

Bottom Gun, No prob! Always glad to help. Congrat's on the Lady! Here's what you do:

Step 1) Drive "up north" and get a nice cheap motel on the strip, (Route 66) in Flag., can be as low as $17/night.

Step 2) Drive out to Winona, like in the song, and pull up to the Winona Trading Post. They now have a Deli so kick back and get a sandwich. You will see all types come in here, look out for the guys in camo pants and greasy tee shirts, they know the area (it could be me). Ask about P.D.s.

If that fails to get you a specific area...

Step 3, Drive around the corner to the 2-3 (two bar three) Cafe in Winona. They have food but you just had a sandwich so go for the cold beers! Look out for the guys in camo pants and greasy tee shirts (could still be me ;)), in here you can throw in the guys with Cowboy hats, they know the area. Ask about P.D.s. Luck.
anodes.

About four or three miles west of Seligman on old US 66 is a prairie dog town. It's about three or two miles along both sides of the highway.

Dunno whose land is it...

:), Art

Back