Practicing controlled pairs

goosevr1

Lots of talk about controlled pairs and only stopping after the threat has been neutralized. For those of you who have the experience, how do you incorporate this into your dry fire exercises? With a Kimber TLE, I have to manually recock the hammer after each shot--same with my Glock. Is there a way to simulate this more efficiently?

You will not really be able to simulate a controlled pair very well with dry fire no matter what the weapon platform. You really need to work on watching your front sight through the recoil of the first shot and then as soon as you get a flash sight picture on target, hit it again. I don't know how you simulate that well without live fire.

My .02,
Evan

Only suitable platform would be a double-action revolver or double-action only pistol which does not require cycling for trigger reset, such as the discontinued Browning BDM when set to DAO. You obviously will not experience the recoil factor, but with thousands of consistant and smooth repetitions a sound basis might be induced for pairs of good smooth trigger pulls. Not to mention a mechanical smoothing of the trigger action perhaps.

Back