PPK tweeking.

rse2

Inactive
OK I broke down a got myself a stainless PPK. I know it's a mouse gun but I have need for it and it points more naturally for me than any other comparable size piece.

So the two "tweeks" I'm interested in are: 1. making the slide bite go away or reducing it. I shoot my carry piece a lot so this is a comfort concern. Emery paper or a stone maybe? to take the "edge" off?

2. Impove the sights. Any experience? The front sight is part of the frame so I can't just knock it off. I think the rear sight is dovetailed. Is their a more subtantial, as in larger, replacement set available? Maybe one that will fit over the exsiting set?

Any ideas at all?

Thanks

Rse2, I think Cylinder & Slide offer a beavertail type frame alteration for these pistols. Seems like I saw a picture of that here recently. As for the sights you can replace the front with a dovetail and MMCs can either be adapted or maybe they make one that replaces the rear. I've put them on Makarovs so I'm fairly sure they can be made to work on the Walther. George

PPK pics....

More pics available. Let me know iff'n you would like
to see them!

View

View

Chuck Rogers

[Edited by pistolwrench on 02-25-2001 at 08:20 PM]

Sure I'd like to see some more. I have a PPK but don't shoot it real often because of the slide bite. Who did the beavertail and if you don't mind me asking, what did it cost? What other mods are involved? Any trigger work?
Thanks for the pictures.

Nice work, P-wrench! Are those Novaks or a clone site of your own fabrication? Adapted from one for a Mustang?
There is also a smith in P'cola, FL who does PPK work. He has an ambi safety mod that looks as if it came from the factory. If anyone is interested, I'll post the web link tomorrow if I can find it.

Link to custom Walthers
http://www.greatgunworks.com

[Edited by BBBBill on 02-26-2001 at 08:58 AM]

Back