PPK/E?!?

Hays

I was looking at a Walther trade magazine and noticed they were advertising a Walther PPK/E. It looked like a blued versio of the PPK/s, but the dimensions in were slightly different. The pistol in the picture did not have "Made in USA" stamped on the slide, so I was wondering if they were made here or elsewhere. Anyone know anything about these pistols? Thanks.

The PPK/S was made in Germany for export to the U.S. before the factory was set up here. Most people consider those guns better than the U.S. made because they didn't use the production shortcuts (like MIM parts) that the U.S. guns do.
The PPK/S is also sold in Europe, where the combination of a short barrel and a solid backstrap is thought a good combination. Whether those sold outside the U.S. now are still German made, or U.S. made, I don't know.

Jim

Yes, the PPK/E is s budget PPK that is made by contract by FEG or some foreign company. The introduction has been delayed because the guns have not proven to meet Walther's reliability standards. This was several months ago when I was told this, so they may be ready to release now.

Back